Mojang has released the Minecraft 1.2.4 update today.
The folks at Mojang are on a roll with updating Minecraft as of late. 1.2.4 marks the third update this month, but Jeb of Mojang has said this will probably be the last until 1.3 which currently has no set release date as of yet.
For those who want a taste before they update, here’s what you can expect.
Minecraft 1.2.4 New Features and Updates
- Chat history and much better chat editing
- A few new decoration blocks
- “Back” and “Quit” buttons to OutOfMemoryScreen
- Made cats more realistic (read: probably annoying).
- Added a “minimal” debug menu for testing with. Shift+F3 to hide the graphs
On the bug fix side of things, there are several here that were very much in need of fixing. It looks like bringing the Bukkit developers onboard is already paying off.
Minecraft 1.2.4 Bug Fixes
- Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier
- Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% cpu and make my computer melt
- Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height
- Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in SMP
- Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn
- Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
- Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items
- Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server
- Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login (Multiplayer)
- Fixed dupe exploit with paintings
- Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items
- Fixed the “flickering” of chat as it vanishes off the screen
- Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens
- Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones)
- Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space
- Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug * Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons)
- Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive
- Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on
- “save-all” (server) now works even when you have toggled “save-off”
- Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them
- Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown (multiplayer)
- Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession
- Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift
- Fixed players falling when reconnecting to servers where they were previously flying
Are you excited for Minecraft 1.2.4?